• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 004 mechanical governing system

sgarfa

hello to all!, more then a problem, i ask for a question, in short when I apply a load (a welder) even if they are only 70\60% percent rated current , the frequency on the meter falls, it is normal?, because the welder does not reduce the power, now I wonder if something is wrong in the regulator inside the pump, there is some trick to verify the correct operation of the regulator, I haven't a certain load to apply, and I state that knurled knob is already turned..

many thanks in advance
ame

sgarfa

thanks a lot for taking into consideration my question.. here in europe we use the 50hz frequency, and at this frequency the generator delivers significantly less kw, anyway the welder is 10/12kw at maximum,and when the balance drops dangerously frequency to 40 Hz,When welding, the frequency falls dangerously at 40 hz, until you stop and restabilizes at 50hz..

sgarfa

mhh I watched this...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I_ykrzMbTZk

then I think it's me i don't know to use the generator, i'm accustomed to modern generators, where it dosn't anything to touch.....in the video when the gen set is frequency goes to full scale ...but once loaded stabilizes at 60hz, is calibrated by hand from control knob? ... sorry, but I'm confused

sgarfa

the last question for now:roll:....I read the manual, at the pump arrive 2 cables, the p55x and p80n respectively the ground and 24v, now as it does the solenoid to manage the metering valve?, the sensitive info arrives to another system inside the pump?

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I strongly recommend doing a load test (with a load bank) on the generator to rule out a mechanical problem.

What is the power factor for the welders?

87Nassaublue

DieselAddict has a good suggestion. I've read where some guys with larger generator have had restrictions in the exhaust due to "wet stacking". After cleaning that out and burning out the residue, the generator performs well under full load or even 125% capacity.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I would change the fuel filters. On the inj pump front is a fuel shutoff of sort I have seen an 004 turned down and it bigger under load with the knob improperly set.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks