• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-004a Fuel Injection Pump not working properly

tony1224

I need help with the injection pump.Here is what I did. Remove the injection pump and open it to find out that it was very dirty inside, I went ahead and clean it to the best I can do without taking the whole pump apart.put the pump together an went ahead and install it in the generator.Start it up and this time was running for about 20 min before I turn it off. A little wile later I start it again to find out that this time the engine only run for about 2 min and shot down.From this point forward that it is all I got sometime wont start sometime will run for 5 min.Here is what I have find out.that the injection Pump sometime work (injected fuel) and sometime will not inject fuel.Now my question is :What can make the injection pump work sometimes and sometimes not.

Guyfang

Staff member
Toney,

Could be several things.

Did you get the 24 volt wires tight on the IP, (Injector Pump) and did the posts that go into the solenoid, perhaps turn? It could have broken the wires inside the solenoid.

Does fuel leak out anyplace on the IP?

If you had dirt and crap in the IP, you have dirt and crap all through the fuel system. It sounds like the gen set will run until some more dirt or crap plugs the IP up again. You need to look in the fuel tank, and see how bad it is. Then start there cleaning the entire system. I personally would pull the tank out and steam clean it. And then, the entire system. Dirt and crap should never get this far in the fuel system.

Be careful of the double "O" ring on the shaft. If you flip the one side "O" ring over, your crankcase WILL over fill with diesel. I coat the "O" rings with grease, to help prevent this from happening.

tony1224

Toney,

Could be several things.

Did you get the 24 volt wires tight on the IP, (Injector Pump) and did the posts that go into the solenoid, perhaps turn? It could have broken the wires inside the solenoid.

Does fuel leak out anyplace on the IP?

If you had dirt and crap in the IP, you have dirt and crap all through the fuel system. It sounds like the gen set will run until some more dirt or crap plugs the IP up again. You need to look in the fuel tank, and see how bad it is. Then start there cleaning the entire system. I personally would pull the tank out and steam clean it. And then, the entire system. Dirt and crap should never get this far in the fuel system.

Be careful of the double "O" ring on the shaft. If you flip the one side "O" ring over, your crankcase WILL over fill with diesel. I coat the "O" rings with grease, to help prevent this from happening.
Thank you for all your help,it is good that we have here someone like you with the knolLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLQQQQQQ

212sparky

Check the check valve on the return line, mine was full of debris and gummed up. I removed it and has run great for The last 5 years.

Sent from my SM-N900V using Tapatalk

212sparky

Also there is a fiber wheel in the injection pump that is known to break down over time and plug up the pump and return lines.

Kenny0

Also there is a fiber wheel in the injection pump that is known to break down over time and plug up the pump and return lines.

I'm with you. When that fiber disc goes, it looks and feels like coffee grounds under that cover with the 3 bolts on it. Under that cover the fuel has already been through the filters. If that is what it is, I would take it to a pro. Hope you timed the pump before removal.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks