• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-004a injection pump problems

Scoobyshep

Well the high pressure plungers are stuck in the shaft and tips or tricks on how to get them freed up? I've tried heat and freeze spray and oil and can't get them to budge
whenever I get into a situation of things that should move that dont my first thing to use is knocker loose, its made by crc smells like pine sol and makes pb blaster look like water.

Tatersalad812

whenever I get into a situation of things that should move that dont my first thing to use is knocker loose, its made by crc smells like pine sol and makes pb blaster look like water.
I actually posted a little too soon, I just got them out, not happy with how much heat I put into the shaft its blued but it should be fine, I was just using a propane torch.

Ray70

Well good news is you found the root cause of your problem!
Soak it in penetrating oil overnight, then wipe the shaft with acetone to remove oil and wrap the shaft tightly in something like thin rubber sheet or lots of saran wrap etc. then a rag and duct tape to hold it all sealed tight ( to block off all the holes in the side of the shaft. ) make sure its wrapped gook and tight, then put air pressure into the hole in the end of the shaft.
If you can get one of them out, then go in through the open hole with a punch to tap out the other plunger.
I had the same issue, they were stuck solid, but eventually got them out this way, just had to do it a couple times to get a good seal on the side holes, so I could get a full 150 psi. down the center hole without leaking out!
Caution: be prepared for the piston plunger to launch itself violently once it breaks free and don't loose or damage it!

Tatersalad812

Well good news is you found the root cause of your problem!
Soak it in penetrating oil overnight, then wipe the shaft with acetone to remove oil and wrap the shaft tightly in something like thin rubber sheet or lots of saran wrap etc. then a rag and duct tape to hold it all sealed tight ( to block off all the holes in the side of the shaft. ) make sure its wrapped gook and tight, then put air pressure into the hole in the end of the shaft.
If you can get one of them out, then go in through the open hole with a punch to tap out the other plunger.
I had the same issue, they were stuck solid, but eventually got them out this way, just had to do it a couple times to get a good seal on the side holes, so I could get a full 150 psi. down the center hole without leaking out!
Caution: be prepared for the piston plunger to launch itself violently once it breaks free and don't loose or damage it!
Actually i tried that first then realized the delivery valve was still stuck in the hole so i was blocked from 3 sides... up crap creek both ways without a paddle..

im not sure if this has already been published or not. the rebuild kit for that pump is 24369 that is a standyne part number. i was mislead on other websites that the 24371 kit would work... 40 bucks later and i found out the gov fiber piece was wrong... so ill order the proper kits monday. so i figured id work on my mep002a and get the main breaker replaced in it since i decided to run it without checking every bolt known to man and it burnt the back of the breaker off... ill own that one! anywho got my new breaker off the shelf from gmg and the darn handle is cracked and im betting with time itll snap and it wont kill all 3 phases if it over loads... shoulkd be fine but sill 200 bucks i would like to have a good breaker. so now im 3d printing a new back plate and im going to see if it will hold up until the new breaker gets here. i just want to feel like ive accomplished something today lol

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks