• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-004A No Power to control Panel

steelman101

Just finished IP overhaul was starting and running a few times checking for leaks etc. Shut it off, tried to restart and no power to the panel. The lights will not come on.
Have been going over TM -24 and have no thoughts on where to start. I was looking for a breaker switch or fuse that could have failed.
Any suggestions where to look first.

Ray70

There is a 7 1/2 amp DC push button breaker next to the control panel. Have you checked to make sure it's pushed in?
Its pouring outside otherwise I would go look, but if I recall its below the fault indicator panel.

steelman101

There is a 7 1/2 amp DC push button breaker next to the control panel. Have you checked to make sure it's pushed in?
Its pouring outside otherwise I would go look, but if I recall its below the fault indicator panel.
you were right
Re-set started right up for 15/20 seconds and
Ray
lets try this again.
You were right 7.5 tripped. Re-set ran 15/20 seconds tripped.
Which way should I go now? Did not smell anything burning .
Like I said, just overhauled the IP and the fuel system.
Thanks

peapvp

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Before you go through a hole bunch of testing and troubleshooting,
Check the DC breaker if one of the two connectors is loose in the housing it self.
They may break just off like in this picture here:

70189614980__81951746-9D4E-4E25-8E41-20E9BB711D8C.jpeg
70189612565__38E6F8C6-7997-47B5-B009-95C1CEDC7F49.jpeg

if not, disconnect one of the two wires and put your DC Ampmeter in series with terminal and wire.
Range should be set to 20Amps
Start Genset
Report measured current when dc breaker trips

Guyfang

Staff member
Just finished IP overhaul was starting and running a few times checking for leaks etc. Shut it off, tried to restart and no power to the panel. The lights will not come on.
Have been going over TM -24 and have no thoughts on where to start. I was looking for a breaker switch or fuse that could have failed.
Any suggestions where to look first.
First off, you may need to review the -12 TM. Its an OPERATORS manual.
Second off, there is no -24 manual. There is a -34 TM.

If the CB is good, you need to try this. Put the S2 in the run position. Push in the CB1. Will the CB1 stay in the on position? If so, place the S7 in the up position. Will the CB1 stay in the on position? If so, put the S7 in the down position, and try and start it. What happens?

Attachments

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks