• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 004a, power problem

toomanytoys

Hello,

I have a question, I've had my MEP 004 now for over 6 years for backup power to the house, no problems until now.

The problem is when starting the unit I hold the start switch up until oil pressure is up and generating power/cycles come up, I release the start switch and I lose the generator side.

So my understanding is I lose the exciter, I was told to check the regulator/exciter but not where it's located or what it looks like or how to check it.

Is it a repairable part?

Or something you just replace? and if so would you know any companies where I could buy it?

I don't mind working on them I'm just not up to speed on how they work. I was a equipment mechanic in the military, but we didn't do the generator side of it the electric shop did that part.

Thank you

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks