• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-004a

Mep1050

Purchased a Mep-004a
Missing fuel cap and tipped to drain the gallon of water out, changed oil checked that all filters present
Drained all fuel out that I could drain added 5 gallons of fresh cranked long enough to fill the system with oil. Keep in mind I’m ignorant but mechanical 4000 hours, picked up Mep-113a with 16 hours (assuming at some point if I need an injector pump or such Id have spare parts.
Wondering if I need to now prime the fuel system to get fuel to the injector pump. Also not sure on mechanical fuel switch . Also not sure about water separator to the far right. Dump valve at bottom striped but closed tried to remove by removing nut at the bottom but i don’t want to force it as it looks tight wondering if it spins off

Attachments

Guyfang

Staff member
First off, you need to post this in the Generator forum, not Conversations. I will help you there. Second, have you downloaded the TM's from the TM forum here?

And last, welcome to the forum. I will transfer this, and if and when you answer, it will pop up in my mail and we can get started. There are lots of guy here to help, but they would never look in conversations to find your thread.

Guyfang

Staff member
Purchased a Mep-004a
Missing fuel cap and tipped to drain the gallon of water out, changed oil checked that all filters present
Drained all fuel out that I could drain added 5 gallons of fresh cranked long enough to fill the system with oil. Keep in mind I’m ignorant but mechanical 4000 hours, picked up Mep-113a with 16 hours (assuming at some point if I need an injector pump or such Id have spare parts.
Wondering if I need to now prime the fuel system to get fuel to the injector pump. (With charged batteries, push in CB1, (DC Power Circuit Breaker). Then place the S2, Start Run Stop switch in the run position. Then place the S7, ( Battle Short switch in the up position. The DS7 (Light, Battle Short) should come on. THEN you should hear the B2 & B3, (Fuel Transfer Pumps) come on. This will fill the system up to and including the Day tank. Let it run a whileFive min at least. Crack the #6 Injecter. Then simply crank the engine over until it starts, if it will.) Also not sure on mechanical fuel switch (What do you want to know?) . Also not sure about water separator to the far right. Dump valve at bottom striped but closed tried to remove by removing nut at the bottom but i don’t want to force it as it looks tight wondering if it spins off. (What are you asking here? And yes, the valve will unscrew.

Open to read comments

Mep1050

Crack the #6 injector? ( do you mean like break the line loose to bleed air?
Not sure if the mechanical fuel lever needs to be in a certain position. Does it matter witch way it’s turned?

Guyfang

Staff member
Crack the #6 injector? ( do you mean like break the line loose to bleed air? Correct

Not sure if the mechanical fuel lever needs to be in a certain position. Does it matter witch way it’s turned? What is a "Mechanical Fuel Lever"?

Guyfang

Staff member
OK, one thing at a time. Thats the three way valve. This is a picture of how its supposed to be for using the belly tank. And now I know why no one else has commented. This thread is in CONVERSATIONS, NOT in the Generator forum. I will be moving it.
1670453207610.jpeg

Guyfang

Staff member
On the left side of the engine is two lines going up from the IP. The far left line is the one you want to crack at the injector, #4, not #6 like I posted above. Crack it there.

(And as yet you have not told me if the pumps run)

(With charged batteries, push in CB1, (DC Power Circuit Breaker). Then place the S2, Start Run Stop switch in the run position. Then place the S7, ( Battle Short switch in the up position. The DS7 (Light, Battle Short) should come on. THEN you should hear the B2 & B3, (Fuel Transfer Pumps) come on. This will fill the system up to and including the Day tank. Let it run a whileFive min at least. Crack the #6 Injecter. Then simply crank the engine over until it starts, if it will.)

Mep1050

On the left side of the engine is two lines going up from the IP. The far left line is the one you want to crack at the injector, #4, not #6 like I posted above. Crack it there.

(And as yet you have not told me if the pumps run)

(With charged batteries, push in CB1, (DC Power Circuit Breaker). Then place the S2, Start Run Stop switch in the run position. Then place the S7, ( Battle Short switch in the up position. The DS7 (Light, Battle Short) should come on. THEN you should hear the B2 & B3, (Fuel Transfer Pumps) come on. This will fill the system up to and including the Day tank. Let it run a whileFive min at least. Crack the #6 Injecter. Then simply crank the engine over until it starts, if it will.)
I heard pump engage and the far left fuel filter that I drained now had fuel in it

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks