• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-005 (30KW) air cleaner needed

firedog 27

My fire Dept. has two MEP-005As with the square filters. We removed the paper from the metal box it is in (the paper is glued in so throw it in a fire will help) then you have to tack weld the corners back. Then NAPA has a paper filter with a foam pre filter attatched to it that we use. It fits perfect into the old metal frame. I will look up the part number next week when I go back to work.

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thanks. I'll await your find on the NAPA number.
PS, I assume in your occupation you will have a better opportunity to burn out the paper than I will.

papercu

MEP-005A? Are your missing? If you still have them, they are reusable you can just wash them until they wear out or get damaged somehow.
If you do need to replace, check the CFM on the new one. That NSN for the filters (BTW it should be 2940-00-463-1362) shows a Maximum air flow rate of 160.0 CFM. Wayne

Attachments

jamboly

Steel Soldiers Supporter
You are right, the NSN is 2940-00-463-1362, not what I originally posted.
Seco Miltary Parts web site inventory seach today shows they have three in stock. I sent them an RFQ. Depending on price, I may still go with gutting current one and putting in NAPA filter.
Also, looks like MEP005 and MEP007 use same filter.

Waller1

found the Air filters for MEP-005

After a Week of looking I found these filters. Original number was P131919 (donaldson)
NSN 2940004631362,,aka 70-1251, aka 70-4020

You can get these at:
Waller Sales Co.
(615)672-7266 ask for Don Smith

they run about $60 each, but are the donaldson originals (new) they are working on an aftermarket replacement that will be cheaper if there is enough demand for it.

dons@waller-sales.com
Hope this helps!!