• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-005A Filters

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I am new to the MEP-005A. I just picked up one from Barstow and it had not fluid or filters.
I did a search and found some filter numbers but I am not sure if they come with the right o-rings or not.
Here is the numbers I came up with, could you check and see if they are the right ones and do they come with the right o-rings?

Fuel wix 33512
oil wix 51004
air wix 46272

Thanks!!!

Rickety Bones

my wix filters came with new o rings, make sure you have a fuel separator in the first filter from the gravity tank.

also make sure you have the spring and washer for the top of the oil filter, mine didn't have the spring and you defiantly need it. or the oil will by pass the filter.

I will check the numbers tomorrow, can I ask what you paid for it?

rick,
im in tucson

leedawg

Here is what you need super easy to get.
Go to napa auto parts ask for a

1004 oil filter napa gold its a direct replacment for the oil filter that goes in that canister. I too was missing the spring for my oil canister. I actually used a helicoil and stretched it out and works great.

The fuel filters you need are napa 3540. Two of them.

Good luck with the restore process.

M35A2-AZ

Steel Soldiers Supporter
my wix filters came with new o rings, make sure you have a fuel separator in the first filter from the gravity tank.

also make sure you have the spring and washer for the top of the oil filter, mine didn't have the spring and you defiantly need it. or the oil will by pass the filter.

I will check the numbers tomorrow, can I ask what you paid for it?

rick,
im in tucson
Rick, I got it for $1070 plus fees. It is good shape and the paint is good.
I just hope she run and works.

Rickety Bones

but....fix.....resell...make money

Im building a tongue and axle for mine right now, when im done i will post pictures

already had a friend offer me 5K for the one I have now

rick

leedawg

but....fix.....resell...make money

Im building a tongue and axle for mine right now, when im done i will post pictures

already had a friend offer me 5K for the one I have now

rick
Nice tell your friend ill sell him this one if he is interested. Seriously ill even trailer it out for him....

Rickety Bones

now why in the world would I want to let you make all the money I can make.

my plan is to sell mine for 5K then go buy about 10 more

it my story and im sticking to it,

dprojectmanager

I am new to the MEP-005A. I just picked up one from Barstow and it had not fluid or filters.
I did a search and found some filter numbers but I am not sure if they come with the right o-rings or not.
Here is the numbers I came up with, could you check and see if they are the right ones and do they come with the right o-rings?

Fuel wix 33512
oil wix 51004
air wix 46272

Thanks!!!
Hello
I have a MEP-005A Generator as well, it came with out the fluids and filters,
i see you guys talking about the fuel filters but are their not 3? fuel filters?

dynamok

Fuel wix 33512
oil wix 51004
air wix 46272
OK guys, so I'm still not clear on the filter situation. These numbers are they good? I see them on Amazon, cheap prices.
I don't have the generator in my possession yet, so I can't check, wanted to buy the filters before I get the generator.
Can we not use a conversion kit for the oil filter to make it a spin-on (Wix 24123 Conversion Kit)?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks