• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-005A Tranformer needed.

Guyfang

Staff member
Where have you looked up till now?

The repair parts are seldom seen. You might do better buying an entire Static Excitor. The transformers rarely went bad. So there were not a lot purchased by the army. You might consider having it rewound. Or place an add in SS, and maybe Suprman or someone can help you.

Also keep in mind, that you should not hamper your search by only using MEP-005A. The MEP-004A uses the same static exciter. So when searching, use both model numbers. I have seen static exciters in the big auction site, of late. There are places in the internet that have bought up all kinds of army parts, and sell them. I personally would bump Suprman first.

The positive thing about buying an entire static Excitor is that you get a volt regulater with it. And that part is something that goes bad much more often then the transformer.

Suprman

Supporting Vendor
I dont have any for the 005. I have regulators for the 006. Older gen parts are getting harder to come by. Better to replace the whole box if you can find one though. Sometimes you can open this stuff up and its just a bad connection, bad capacitor or transistor that you can troubleshoot visually and with a multimeter and replace. Its all older style single layer pcbs that are easy to remove and solder in new components.

Guyfang

Staff member
I suppose we should ask, how do you know the traffo is bad? If it's toast, that's clear. But if not?

There are compleat static exciters to be found. May not find one tonight, but like I said, I saw some in that auction site not long ago.

Worst case, get it re wound.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks