• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 005a voltage hertz issue

Sephirothq

Ok I got my engine running with a rebuilt pump from badger diesel. But now i am having some issues on the generator end.

First the load gauge shows full load for some reason without anything connected.

Second at as much throttle I can put to the engine I am only at 59 HZ. I have tried to adjust the frequency and the knobs turn but have no impact on the frequency.

Third. I only have around 104 volts instead of the 120 volts. When i flash the field by holding the start switch up it goes to 120 volts as long as the switch is up.

Fourth the close / open switch doesn't seem to work either. Power is at the lugs reguardless of that switch.

Do I have only one problem or multiple as far as teh boxes go?

Might I have an issue with the generator head itself?

I just got the unit running so i haven't had alot of time to play with it yet.

Sephirothq

Ok from what i can find the knob for the frequency won't do anything anyway. I just don't know why I can;t get the frequency up with the throttle. At full throttle it is only 59 HZ.

I will check this with a HZ meter, I see here the gauge combination could be bad.

Munchies

suspect the gauge or the watt transducer. it's the box on the right, inside of the control panel.

Edit,
forgot, I have one if you do end up needing to replace that.
228-369-6880 0900-2100

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks