• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-005a voltage regulator

leedawg

So I searched could not find much on this topic. I just got my MEP-005a home from Barstow yesterday long drive (8 hours). I unloaded it and inspected it. Appears as though most of the parts are there however the vented box on the right side first access panel if you are looking at the control panel has a vented box that has two large cable connections that go into it. I noticed that it was not bolted down and upon further inspection noticed that the cover was loose. SO I pulled it out of the set and removed the cover. Inside there is a large transformer and some capacitors with some other wires. However what appears to be missing is the voltage regulator board on the far right side inside the box. I will post some pictures later today. There is a connector in the box that is just lying there that I assume connects to the voltage regulator board.

My question is how hard are these to come by? Would it be worth purchasing another genset and robbing the part off of it and selling off the rest of the genset? What should I expect to pay for this part? Thanks in advance for any advice. I will be contacting Delks tomorrow and see how much they want for the part.

There are two units about an hour and half from where I live for sale that are pretty rough but appear to both have these parts on them still I am debating if it is worth paying 500- 600 for another one and just parting out the rest of it.

Thanks, Lee

Isaac-1

leedawg

Thanks Ike for your insight. I will have to give them a call tomorrow and see what they say. These devices look a lot more modern than what is in the TM. Here is a picture of what is inside my box if im not mistaken im pretty sure its the voltage regulator. HOpefully these people at power tronics will have information on how to hook it up to the MEP because I really dont know how. Im sure I will have to cut off the connector and then figure out which wire does what.

Last edited:

Isaac-1

Most modern AVR's will only need 4 wires connected, 2 that go to the F+/F- field exciter leads which go into the generator end, and an output reference set for either 120V or 208-240V which can be tapped from the main output leads where they go to the reconnection board. Other leads for front panel voltage adjustment, etc. are optional.

Ike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks