• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-006a overkill and wetstacking

R Racing

I paid $1000.00 for mine on a trailer. From its pictures and in person it has fresh paint and new tires . It looks to have been a recent rebuild . it just is locked up lol

PeterD

I paid 1200 for mine, with known engine damage that I figured I'd be able to fix. One prime advantage was that it was near me, and relatively complete, missing only accessories and a couple of minor parts.

truckdude22

I know this is old but it's a good thread, hoping I can piggy back. Mep 006a. Talked to generator guys. Running a welding machine, big old school lincoln or miller single phase I'm pushing out nearly 100 amps. I was looking at the mep 006a and was told running single on three isn't a good idea but it can be easily transformed. Reading on here saw you'd have to change your voltages as well? If I'm running more thAn one machine I don't think the 60kw is overkill. Even one machine I'm pushing the limits on a 30. I need some help asap please. Thoughts concerns. Phase converters are expensive. I've heard the old 60's are extremely loud too but for 2,000 bucks it's kind of hard to beat. Tig and stick both have higher arc start points and amperage jumps which people say may not be good, but I find it hard to believe that anything under 60 kw could handle it.

87Nassaublue

Yea, I agree this beast is probably very thirsty. Back in the 80's I had an experience with a 60kw diesel generator under low load and we couldn't keep fuel in it.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks