• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-007B Injector Pump

Anthill

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Anyone have any experience with replacing an injector pump in a MEP-007B ? It only has 900 hours on it and it looks like the injector pump has been replaced once already. I picked this up from a municipality and they said they thought the injector pump was bad, I was able to get it to start on ether but that was it. I have not been able to find much information on removing these injector pumps. Anyone have any info on these ?

Thanks,

Ant

212sparky

Is the return line plugged? on my 004 the return was plugged and would only run on starting spray. Just a thought. Have any pictures of the unit?

Anthill

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I will have to check the return line. Where was your line plugged ?
Unfortunately I do not have any pics yet, I will have to take some.

Thanks,

Ant

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
When the return line plugs on a 004, you usually have bigger problems. 99% of the time what plugs it is pieces of the governor weight retainer that is coming apart inside the IP. They will usually run a long time like that but there is a chance of the engine running away if you don't fix it.

As far as the 007, I think it has a Cat engine so it probably doesn't have a Roosa Master/Stanadyne DB pump like the 004 so I don't know.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
About the only people that will service Cat IPs are Cat dealers. You may can find somebody but I know all the local shops around here won't mess with them.

Anthill

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have a place lined up to rebuild it, my main issue is finding instructions on proper way to remove and replace the injector pump.

Thanks,

Ant

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The remove and replace procedure should be in the TM. I wouldn't know where to start as I haven't ever pulled a Cat IP.

Anthill

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Unfortunately the TM is not available. It's TM-5-6115-600-34 and it is not even on the pay sites. I was hoping someone had some experience with these or had the TM.

m16ty

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I looked it up, it's a restricted manual.

I did pull up several hits when I googled "Cat 3306 manual" through civilian sources.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks