• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-009A TMs needed

Strangersolz

I'm working on an MEP-009A genset for our Public Works department for our city. We (Emergency Management) purchased the genset a few years ago. I got it running today, but have a few issues.

The main issues are:
1) Overload light, on the front panel, stays lit after starting.
2) the Circuit Breaker switch on the front panel does not cause the automatic switch to activate. I know I can manually operate the switch, however...

I've been able to download TM5-6115-458-24P and TM5-6115-458-12.

Any help would be appreciated.

Guyfang

Staff member
I'm working on an MEP-009A genset for our Public Works department for our city. We (Emergency Management) purchased the genset a few years ago. I got it running today, but have a few issues.

The main issues are:
2) the Circuit Breaker switch on the front panel does not cause the automatic switch to activate. I know I can manually operate the switch, however...
(That's because you have the Overload fault. Try this, start the gen set. Let it come up to proper Hertz and AC volts. Flip up S7, Battle Short switch. The DS-7 (Battle short light) should come on). Then push up the S3, (AC contactor on/Off switch). Will the AC output contactor close? The DS-6 should also come on.

Kalistinikov

The main issues are:
2) the Circuit Breaker switch on the front panel does not cause the automatic switch to activate. I know I can manually operate the switch, however... (That's because you have the Overload fault. Try this, start the gen set. Let it come up to proper Hertz and AC volts. Flip up S7, Battle Short switch. The DS-7 (Battle short light) should come on). Then push up the S3, (AC contactor on/Off switch). Will the AC output contactor close? The DS-6 should also come on.

You can look at the Army Publishing Directorate to find what TMs exist. If you go through the hassle of installing the security certificates, you can download some manuals from them. This way, you can at least see which ones exist and maybe find them elsewhere. There is a -34 manual for a MEP 009A. This manual would have more detailed info
-edit- I see the distribution code on it means you cannot download it though...

Last edited:

Strangersolz

(That's because you have the Overload fault. Try this, start the gen set. Let it come up to proper Hertz and AC volts. Flip up S7, Battle Short switch. The DS-7 (Battle short light) should come on). Then push up the S3, (AC contactor on/Off switch). Will the AC output contactor close? The DS-6 should also come on.
That worked. The AC contactor closed.

However, I noticed when I turned the Hertz adjustment knob that the needle didn't move. Looking at the diagrams on the inside cover of one of the doors, I'll trace and see if I can find a break or short in a line. I'll also check connections.

-EDIT: I totally didn't think about the feq control knob off to the right of the control panel. I happen to walk past our MEP-804B, looked over and... Well, let's just say, I had to pull my head from my forth point of contact. So, I restarted the genset and adjusted the hertz.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks