• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-012A 750KW Generator Manuals

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for the LO. I just looked up the MEP-208A and quickly glanced over the specs and they appear similar. I'll have to compare it to my units when I get back to the shop. I'm not sure what the differences are, or if its simply a redesignated MEP-012A? I do see the manuals for the MEP-208A on Radio Nerds

Evvy Fesler

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Thank you for the LO. I just looked up the MEP-208A and quickly glanced over the specs and they appear similar. I'll have to compare it to my units when I get back to the shop. I'm not sure what the differences are, or if its simply a redesignated MEP-012A? I do see the manuals for the MEP-208A on Radio Nerds
I’m not sure who Radio Nerds are. Don’t pay for manuals. I haven’t looked to see if they are available here, but I can get my hands on them if not. Let’s both check the TM section when we have time and notify the other depending on who gets there first! I’m OOO for the next couple of hours.

Guyfang

Staff member
I think I saw this set about 50 years ago. Like Evvy, I have the LO. And all the MEP-208A. I will upload them in the TM forum, or try to anyway. I have gen set TM's going way back, and will look in the garage in the morning. Maybe the the very first EM has the missing TM's.

Evvy, Radio Nerds are another great forum that has stuff going back to time beginning. Great place for Info.

kubotaman

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Apparently the -208 is the Army version and the -012 is the USAF version. Similar units but still some internal differences as well as the -208 being skid mounged and the -012 trailer mounted. If anyone has access to -012 manuals that woukd be extremely helpful.

Guyfang

Staff member
750kW Mil-Std Prime Power Generator(MEP 012A)
The prime power generator used in the USAF's Harvest Falcon/Eagle Bare Base and Army's 249th Engineer Bn Prime Power Support programs is the MEP-012A. The MEP-012A is a trailer mounted, diesel driven generator set, classified as 750kW, prime power (Type II), utility (Class 2A), Mode I (50/60 Hz) as defined in MIL-STD-1332.

The MEP-012A uses a liquid cooled, turbocharged, V12 diesel ( Cummins KTA-38) and a three phase, four wire, wye connected alternator ( Marathon 682FDR8419GH). Each MEP-012A weights approximately 25,000 pounds and consumes fuel at a rate of 55 gallons per hour at full power. The physical dimensions are as follows: Length=241 inches, Width=96 inches, Height=101 inches.

This seems to be like the Nike Herc power plant. Mybe I have them someplace.

Guyfang

Staff member
Apparently the -208 is the Army version and the -012 is the USAF version. Similar units but still some internal differences as well as the -208 being skid mounged and the -012 trailer mounted. If anyone has access to -012 manuals that woukd be extremely helpful.
The -208 TM's are in the TM upload forum, and the -12 is there. I will later put them in the Generator TM section.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks