• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016 Voltage Regulator

cwkoehler

Hello all,

I'm troubleshooting an MEP-016 that is failing to charge the 24volt battery. I am reading 3 to 4 DC volts on the voltage regulator test points as indicated on 4-24 of the Technical Manual (this should read 28.5 +- 0.7 Volts. This would indicate the regulator is bad. However, I'm a little concerned with the AC voltage coming in at the other end - this voltage is 24 VAC. Does anyone know if this is the correct AC voltage? thanks

Chris

derf

Generally to get 28VDC out of a reg you would want to feed it with 30 or more VAC.

Is your 016 gasoline, Onan, or Yanmar powered? Is it spinning at 3600RPM when you measure the AC volts from the charging system?

cwkoehler

I have the Onan. I can't determine the rpm but the hertz is where it needs to be (60-62) with a small load. I'm measuring 24-25 VAC. I will try again in the morning just to be sure.

Thanks

Chris

derf

If frequency is good then RPM is 1800, or close enough. I have not yet been inside an Onan to work on the charging circuit. From the TM, it looks like the stator is under the air scroll. Good luck.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks