• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016A - Oil Question

Buckmaw

What would be a good modern oil to run in this genset?

Also, what oil filter and air filter would work for this unit?

If I recall, the lub order called for a straight 30w oil.

Thanks in advance.

Isaac-1

I would tend to say any modern good quality brand name oil in the correct weight range will work (SAE 30, 10W30, etc.). You will find people taking strong positions for or against synthetic oils. More important than choice of oil is maintaining the oil, change it often, and make sure it gets up to operating temperature every time you run the generator (this will drive the moisture out of the oil)

Ike

coyote62ny

as Isaac-1 said sae 30 brand name no dollar store or wally world cheap oil i have 4 2ao16 engines one on a snow blower that has been on that blower for 12 years all that goes in it is penzoil sae 30 that engine takes a beating and it still dont use oil just changwe every 50 hrs oil is cheaper than a engine hope we have helped you if you have any more questions just ask

b2948kevin

I just read something (can't remember where right now) that said that 15w-40 was the correct weight for these. That's what I just put in mine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks