• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016B / 701A Air Filter

ETN550

Since I'm always messing around with the 016B I decided to try to find a "will fit" air filter option to the existing hard to find stock Nelson filter.

Tonight I found an almost identical Baldwin PA5579.

Anyone tried this? It is super close in size right down to the 5/8 bolt hole in one end. I think I'm going to order one.

magpie

Hang tight for a few on this. I'm a recent first time purchaser of a 701a and have spent countless hours searching for fuel,oil, air part info. Thanks to you, I was able to locate a fuel filter. I will be purchasing the Baldwin PA5579 tomorrow with results posted ASAP.

ETN550

When I checked into it they told me that it was not available in the US. I did find a K&N filter that would work. But I prefer paper. I think if enough time is spent searching an alternate can be found. It is just that no one likes to list the dimensions. I just bought some NOS Nelsons on-line for $16 each including shipping. That is a pretty good price. So for now I quit looking.

brianp454

When I checked into it they told me that it was not available in the US. I did find a K&N filter that would work. But I prefer paper. I think if enough time is spent searching an alternate can be found. It is just that no one likes to list the dimensions. I just bought some NOS Nelsons on-line for $16 each including shipping. That is a pretty good price. So for now I quit looking.
Can you give us the part numbers for the K&N and NOS Nelsons filters you mention?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks