• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016B / 701A Air Filter

ETN550

Since I'm always messing around with the 016B I decided to try to find a "will fit" air filter option to the existing hard to find stock Nelson filter.

Tonight I found an almost identical Baldwin PA5579.

Anyone tried this? It is super close in size right down to the 5/8 bolt hole in one end. I think I'm going to order one.

magpie

Hang tight for a few on this. I'm a recent first time purchaser of a 701a and have spent countless hours searching for fuel,oil, air part info. Thanks to you, I was able to locate a fuel filter. I will be purchasing the Baldwin PA5579 tomorrow with results posted ASAP.

ETN550

When I checked into it they told me that it was not available in the US. I did find a K&N filter that would work. But I prefer paper. I think if enough time is spent searching an alternate can be found. It is just that no one likes to list the dimensions. I just bought some NOS Nelsons on-line for $16 each including shipping. That is a pretty good price. So for now I quit looking.

brianp454

When I checked into it they told me that it was not available in the US. I did find a K&N filter that would work. But I prefer paper. I think if enough time is spent searching an alternate can be found. It is just that no one likes to list the dimensions. I just bought some NOS Nelsons on-line for $16 each including shipping. That is a pretty good price. So for now I quit looking.
Can you give us the part numbers for the K&N and NOS Nelsons filters you mention?