• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

mep 016B Battery

Isaac-1

I bought one off ebay for $50 for my MEP701A/ 016B took it to the local battery shop to get filled, it turns out they had a stack of them in the back that had been there for years and would be glad to be rid of. I don't know if they ship, but try calling Battery Warehouse at 337-462-1352.

Ike

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Really doesn't need much of a battery, and it's not a huge motor, you can buy batteries pretty much anywhere you want. Take the dimensions of the battery box and get some that will fit in the box. If it's got that four cylinder Wisconsin engine on it, you could get by with a couple of lawn and garden batteries. They aren't that big of a motor to try to start.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Mine has a sealed battery made by Concorde. Model#RG-15A1. This battery is still avalable. And used in small aircraft. Aircraft parts places can order it for you. The problem is it retails for $285. Ive seen other batteries that aren't sealed, the lead acid type. But i don't have the part number to try to get one. After searching google for 24V battery i haven't had much luck.
Ike, do you have the part# for yours? If i can't find one here i'd drive to lousiana to get one if they won't ship. And i'd be happy to ship one for someone if they won't.

Isaac-1

Mine has a sealed battery made by Concorde. Model#RG-15A1. This battery is still avalable. And used in small aircraft. Aircraft parts places can order it for you. The problem is it retails for $285. Ive seen other batteries that aren't sealed, the lead acid type. But i don't have the part number to try to get one. After searching google for 24V battery i haven't had much luck.
Ike, do you have the part# for yours? If i can't find one here i'd drive to lousiana to get one if they won't ship. And i'd be happy to ship one for someone if they won't.

Ken, mine is a 4HN 24 volt , if your interested in one and they will not ship let me know, I would be glad to pick it up and take it to a pack and ship place for you. If you call them explain what it is for, aparently they ordered in a lot of these years ago for a contractor at Ft. Polk for use in MEP generators and as of a couple of weeks ago had at least a few left, just make sure to specify it is 24 volt as they appear to have some that are the same size but 12 volt.

Ike

Ike

rwoods

Where can I buy a battery for a mep-016B?
Gentlemen: Thanks for the information. Battery Warehouse has some at $80.81 plus tax plus $5.00 core. They will ship dry at same prices plus shipping. I'll update this post after they get back to me with shipping charges and quantity on hand. Ron

rwoods

Gentlemen: Thanks for the information. Battery Warehouse has some at $80.81 plus tax plus $5.00 core. They will ship dry at same prices plus shipping. I'll update this post after they get back to me with shipping charges and quantity on hand. Ron
Shipping to Tennessee is $22.57. They have 8 on hand. A more expensive alternative is O'Reily's Auto Parts which can special order them at $156.99 plus shipping ($11.00 to Tennessee) and tax.

Does anyone know how long you can store a dry battery? It may pay to buy two from Battery Warehouse if you can store them for five years.

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
I think the whole point of a dry battery is for extended storage. It doesn't start to deteriorate the lead plates until the acid is added. Keep it dry and clean (no dirt inside) and it should be fine pretty much indefinitely.

winnona

batteries

FYI 3kw gen set 24volt battries.

there are 24v batteries out there, however, i used 2 @ 12v motor cycle batteries and stacked them to produced 24v, under $150.

Deka makes a 24v battery, contact East Penn Mfg 610 682-6361, cost?

good luck

Isaac-1

There are many ways to get to the needed 24v, for initial testing on my unit I used a pair of cheap $16 lawn and garden 12 V batteries with some spare batteries cables I had in my shed. The reason I spent the money for a real 4HN was so it would fit correctly in the battery tray as my generator is the MEP701a (016B in the ASK housing).

Ike

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks