• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-016b fuel question - Texas outage

ub3rn00ber

I’m running my house (some of it) off my Mep-16b. I’m having to refill the aux tank every 3 hours because the darn fuel lever (selector, by the glass fuel dome filter) is stuck straight up. I’m worried I may break it if I force it.
Any suggestions? Also which way is on, left or right?

strycnine

I know you said MEP-016B, but is it a MEP-016D? I didn't know the B model had a glass bowl. If I'm wrong I apologize.

This is the fuel valve on one of my MEP-016D's. It's set to pump from the belly(bottom) tank into to running(top) tank.

1022171900a.jpg

ub3rn00ber

I know you said MEP-016B, but is it a MEP-016D? I didn't know the B model had a glass bowl. If I'm wrong I apologize.

This is the fuel valve on one of my MEP-016D's. It's set to pump from the belly(bottom) tank into to running(top) tank.

View attachment 826010
Thank you so much. I guess my fuel pump or float valve isn’t working. I can’t get the little dome to fill up. Luckily we got back power so it’s not as crucial but I still need figure it out. I read that the pump can get gummed up, I guess I’ll try removing and cleaning it.

ub3rn00ber

Thank you so much. I guess my fuel pump or float valve isn’t working. I can’t get the little dome to fill up. Luckily we got back power so it’s not as crucial but I still need figure it out. I read that the pump can get gummed up, I guess I’ll try removing and cleaning it. Yes it is a D thank you for figuring that out from my limited info!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks