• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016B/MEP-701A ExciteMent!

Shierfire

Hey all! I snagged a new to me mep701a with 240hrs. After start up the convince plug is putting out a whopping 20v!! This hardly spins my DEWALT 1/2” drill. I reach in give the throttle a crank to WOT the hertz takes a jump then I start producing voltage and slowly back down the throttle to a medium level and this now generates electricity consistently. Shut down start up is the same.. any help is much appreciated when I got the unit the glass fuse was blown in convience plug I had changed.

Attachments

Ray70

Simple, don't idle the machine down... It's supposed to be at 60Hz 1800RPM all the time.
You never idle these things down to a "reasonable " level, always 1800 rpm, use the throttle knob to "set it and forget it!"
Not sure that's 100% of your issue, but start there and see if everything solves itself.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks