• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 016b sx460 install

ETN550

There have been some discussions on this 460 retrofit voltage regulator recently, probably within the last week or so. You might find info if you search. User "Derf" had posted pics as well. It is very do able. I have been looking into the same for myself. Issac-1 is another user that is currently working with this regulator.

Isaac-1

I don't have mine installed yet, was too busy with other stuff last weekend, and we had rain all weekend this week. I know 20 &21 are F+/F-, but don't remember which one is which, for the other 4 I will need to look at the diagram while working, note there is an extra screw terminal between 24 and 25 (I think).

Ike

padolin

ok, i had a friend over yesterday, and while watching football we tinkered with this thing a little bit. he was quick to note that i have NOT grounded the unit at all. would this have anything to do with my volt/ freq problem? i also noticed that the new voltage regulator has about 6 leads coming in while my old voltage regulator only has 4 wires going out.

any help is greatly appreciated. i think my wife has banned me from buying surplus until i get this thing running. lol

Isaac-1

Yes, it will generate fine without ground, although you should have a ground for safety in case of internal wiring fault, etc. As to number of wires you should have 6 on the old and on the new.

F+/F- for the field (20/21)

reference voltage input on 2 wires

front panel voltage adjustment knob on 2 wires

Ike

p.s I will be doing mine in the morning if it does not rain again this weekeng

derf

That's the 24V DC regulator for the battery charging system.
The SX460 replaces the VR for the generator head.

derf

Are you trying to fix a problem with the generator head and the 120V/240V AC system or is your gen not making 24V DC to charge the battery?

derf

That is a VR but not "the" VR.

I'll attach a pic of the newer type VR. There is an older type in some that looks different but is about the same size.

Attachments

padolin

The problem is that I'm not getting any power being generated. I show no volts or frequencies either. I'm definitely not a electrician but I'm really glad u posted that pic. Makes a lot more sense now.

derf

With it running what do you read at the battery? It should be 25-28V or so DC. If you get that then your little 4 wire VR box is OK.

padolin

Yeah. I think that box is ok. The TM I have only references that one. Not the other one. It will have to wait till I get back in town Monday. I really appreciate all the help!!

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks