• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP - 016b

derf

OK, no problem. Ebay links are sometimes a good thing but I understand why we might not want them being posted.

The convenience outlet is good for some troubleshooting and maybe a small work light.

vinceM920

Guys I have a mep 16 e with Yanmar engine. Last year it ran like a champ. I drained the old fuel and filter and pumped new fuel all the way to the injector pump. Now the injector pump will not pump to the injector. Can the injector pump be taken apart and cleaned? If so does it have to be timed back? If it cant be cleaned where would I be able to buy one? Also does it have a electric fuel solenoid shutdown that could be stuck that I'm missing. I don't see anything other than the elec. solenoid that pushes the governor wide open. I just want to eliminate everything before I pull the injector pump out and maybe screw something up. Thanks.

Guyfang

Staff member
Vince,

Go to the TM section and download the engine manual. Most of your questions will be answered with a little reading. The YANMAR is not always the easiest to bleed the air out of the fuel system. So maybe try that first. Also remember that if a fuel system connection is loose anyplace, its not going to let fuel go to the Injector.

Cheshire Jen

HELP PLEASE!! ����
I purchased a mep701a Diesel Generator w/Onan Motor via an auction. I need help knowing which switch is the “RUN RELAY” switch on the mother board please? I am unable to get the generator to start by using the start switch BUT I can start by jumping with the batteries setup. I have for days troubleshooting everywhere and their is electricity at the start switch and from the motherboard but I cannot start using the actual switch??? It seems to be the RUN RELAY switch that is not working?? How do I detect which is the RUN RELAY SWITCH and where would I go to find these parts please???

Cheshire Jen

To Diesel Addict

Can you take some photos and show what you've done so far?

Do you have the Technical Manual (TM)?
I do not have the TM but would definitely love to get one!! I’ve searched relentlessly and can’t seem to find that😐
I have been at this troubleshooting task now for over a week and I am honestly baffled at understanding what it is preventing me to start my generator by the actual “start switch”?? By process of elimination I have come to this relay switch possibly not functioning?? Testing does show electricity at the actual switch?? And... as I said, upon the jump start the generator runs great??
Any ideas would be greatly appreciated??

Guyfang

Staff member
Calm down. Like DieselAddict asked you, do you have the TM's for this gen set downloaded? There are 3 TM's you need, and they are all in the TM forum.

Cheshire Jen

Your thread to show the TM is not allowing me to print AND it is all “blacked out” with the exception of only one page?? What I really would need is anything/everything to fully diagram the actual electrical systems???

Guyfang

Staff member
Your thread to show the TM is not allowing me to print AND it is all “blacked out” with the exception of only one page?? What I really would need is anything/everything to fully diagram the actual electrical systems???
Sometimes the cover pages just wont come out for me. Maybe its something I did wrong. If you hold your mouse over the black places, there should come the title of the TM. You need the -12, -34 to troubleshoot and the -24P for parts breakout. The schematics are in the -12 TM. They start on page, (PDF reader) 198. The first level of troubleshooting starts on page 69. Step 2 is always a place that catches folks. If the fuel level switch is too low, or NON-OP, the set WILL NOT start with the S1 Master switch. This gen set and its TM's are not user friendly. Try again. Let us know if it still wont work.

Cheshire Jen

Hello again

So we’re still not solving the issue here? My guy says to query you if there’s a “RUN RELAY” switch possibly?? Also, would there be actual schematic showing the actual MOTHER BOARD possibly?? I guess too of a schematic of the “RUN RELAY” or RELAY switches?. I did print what you attached of the “5 & 10 KW DC CIRCUIT” diagram BUT his Generator is the 3 KW so are you saying that the “5 & 10 KW schematic diagram are ONE IN THE SAME diagram please??
I am sorry to pester but this issue of troubleshooting the reason why his generator will not start by the actual “START SWITCH” is just driving Mr. Daisy literally BONKERS������������

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
The 5 and 10kw machines are totally different. That information is of no value to you for the 16b.

Have you been able to download the TMs? You should right click them in the post where they are listed and save them to your computer before trying to open. Your browser may not open them.

Until you have the TMs and can read them there is not a lot we can do to help. You need to take the TM and follow the troubleshooting guides. There is instructions to test and measure components.

Click this link and see if you can download the document. Don't open it in your browser.
https://www.steelsoldiers.com/attachment.php?attachmentid=625647&d=1464637985

Hey there another question for you,

We have found out that it is a "diode" issue on the Engine Control CR9 that is not functioning. Can you help with finding out the accurate part number for that particular diode please? Would you have any idea where one would purchase this diode please?
Thanks bunches!!

Guyfang

Staff member
Hey there another question for you,

We have found out that it is a "diode" issue on the Engine Control CR9 that is not functioning. Can you help with finding out the accurate part number for that particular diode please? Would you have any idea where one would purchase this diode please?
Thanks bunches!!
Please tell us what an "engine control" is. There are three components that have a CR9 in it. It would help if you used the nomenclature that's in the TM's. Then we would all be in the same sheet of music.