• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016D adding a NEMA box. Need help!

loadmaster

I Just bought this generator and everything runs perfectly. I have heard from some friends i can wire up a NEMA box and outlets (4) in place of my convenience outlets. I just want 120V outlets as this is just going to run the necessities during power outages. I really don't know where to begin and have read hundreds of posts with no real answer yet. Any help from the professionals would be greatly appreciated.

Isaac-1

I wired a pair of 120V plugs in a drop box on a 20 ft pigtail to the output lugs on my MEP-016d, this gives the advantage of potentially moving the outlet box to a covered location out of the weather while the generator is in operation, I think I paid around $30 on ebay, simply removed the removable plug and direct wired it to the output lugs. Forum rules don't allow linking to active auctions

ETN550

I make weatherproof and non weatherproof quad boxes using SO cord. 20ft is a good length. I have seen others bolt the quad box right to the frame of the unit. That works good too. You can get all the parts at Home Depot or Lowes. Let me know if you want to see and I'll take some pics and post them up.

Isaac-1

Yeah, but I can't find any of the ones like I used on ebay closed auctions, they seem to all link to being relisted.

try going to ebay and search on Outlet Power Box, and you will find a number that are on pigtails, many are standard 15 amp plugs, but some of the heavy duty ones are 30 amps.

ETN550

I used the same box, worked well with 10' of SO cord.
Does that box have a closed backside and is it sturdy enough to be used loose on a cord? Or does it need to be mounted on a surface or frame? If it was dropped would it break? I like the design, a good match for the smaller units

EO2NMCB

The back side is closed, Its a hard plastic, I would think that it would pass a 5' drop test. I use it out in the woods
and works fine.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks