• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016d electrical starter question

cubdriver55

Can anyone tell me if the Yanmar conversion of the 16a has a starter and battery with charging system? I have decided the 802A s I bought are too big for my application I am now thinking the MEP-016d s would be a better choice. Now I have to find a home for the 802 a s. Thanks Steve

Isaac-1

The MEP-016D Yanmar L70 conversions generally have the electric starter, but do not have a regulated charging system or onboard battery, they are designed to be jump started over the slave connector port. If wired correctly the unregulated output from the partial charging system powers the electric fuel transfer pump.

Ike

p.s. rarely some that show up do not have the starter installed

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks