• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 016D filter part numbers and broken Hertz meter

jjensen007

Hi, I just got a 016D (50 hours on it :)) I'm trying to find the oil / fuel / air filter part numbers? Based on what I've dug up on this site so far it has the L70AE-DE motor. It starts runs and makes power but I want to give it new fluids and filters before any extended use. :)

The Hertz meter is not working (validated it with a plugin one) How can I validate if it’s the gauge or the sending unit?

Thanks

Isaac-1

Filters are the standard Yanmar ones, for the L70 series, bought mine from that big auction site that everyone knows. Note there are 2 styles of oil filters (little strainers) used on the L70, check to see which style matches the one in your engine (next to the oil fill on one side of the engine). The fuel filter in the bottom of the fuel tank can be a real pain to change, just warning you, I ended up finding a dogleg box wrench that was just the right size to hold the top of the filter which made the job somewhat easier.

Ike

p.s. I think the same filters are used on the L40, L48 and L100

cucv1833

:ditto:

I just order 6-fuel filters for my L48 / L70 engines there the same. You might want to order the gasket for the fuel filter while your at it. Did You open the top cover and inspect the back of the gauge could have a broken lead. I did on mine. Good Luck