• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016D parts,TM'S

Isaac-1

Congrats on your new generator, one word of caution on these MEP-016D conversions, don't expect the wiring to be exactly by the book. I own one and have seen a couple of others in person and no two have been done exactly the same. Conversion work ranges from sloppy to very professional (one unit may have hose barb adapters and hose clamps, another may contain professional cut to length and crimped hydraulic style hoses), wiring may be neatly done in looms with high quality splices, or may look like it was with hookup wire and cheap splices from the local auto parts store. Inside the control box you may find just about anything particularly regarding the panel outlet, the fuse holders and the taps for the hour meter. It also seems very little regard is often given to the functionality of the front panel meters.

truck1

Thanks Isaac.I've been looking for a O16D for some time to use as a backup and charging for my solar system off grid at my mountain property. I 've been through 2 gasser Coleman's and still have green fever so I'll definitely give it a going over.Been reading all I can regarding this unit so I am preparing for the best and worst.