• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-016D pig tail for 120v 4 wire twist lock

ub3rn00ber

I installed a 120/240 reliant 10 circut transfer switch with the 4 wire connector/plug.

First I'm assuming feeding 120 into the transfer switch is fine as long as I dont hook any 240v loads to it?

I want to leave all of the wireing going into the house correct incase i upgrade generators down the road. I'm confused on the settings and jumper pins to use in order to feed the 4 wire plug from the generator with 120v.

Basically what I'm asking us how do a wire a 4 wire twist lock connector pig tail to the generator while only outputting 120v.

Obviously I would like to do this without making it 2 1500w generators, overloading nutural, any other potentially dangerous complications.

Thanks!

dependable

One would only use 3 lugs for each feed of 120V 1 phase. L1 or L2 hot, L0 Neutral, and the ground lug on the frame. If it is a 120/240 hook up, L1 & L2 are the hot leads, L0 the neutral, and ground to the lug on lower frame. If it is a 16D, it probably is set up for 120/240, but some 016s were set up for 240 only, and needed a jump wire on the main switch. If you get 120V between L1& L0, and L2 & L0, with a volt meter and a small load or better, a solenoid type volt meter, your set is OK for 120/240.

I don't have any input on wiring into your transfer switch.

Last edited:

ub3rn00ber

Perfect, so if I only use l1 or l2 it will output all available power to that one lug I am using?
Would it work to hook both the red and black to the same lug so it feeds both sides of the transfer switch if each side is fed off one of the wires as I suspect? I still have to call reliant tl verify this.