• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-016E

mhb285

Anybody know where to find a .pdf of the TM for this beast?
I"m waiting for my EUC on one from Camp Pendleton and need's some info.
I've Googled everything. Nothing but the GL listing for its sale to me!
Ha, Ha.
Thanks
Mike

acetomatoco

should be on the gummint manual download site.. go there and put in your keywords. the addy is somewhere on this site as I saw it a few days ago...

mangus580

mhb285 said:
Nope....MEP-016E..... 3KV chink diesel... Not the Onan 3KV gen...
FYI
Which diesel is it? I have the engine from one of them in the basement, as well as hard copy TM's. I also think someone on the site had located another set of hard copy TM's when I was looking, and he might still have them.

and yea....

nopics

mangus580

Jeff, whats the deal with the original onan? Interested in selling a couple parts from it? I think I need an injector, and a couple fuel lines....

TacticalTruck

Possibly, I have to put that motor into one of the others. I fired one of the ones up w/ the quiet pack and it ran for a while then sheared the flywheel bolts off. Why, I don't know. When I know it runs I can give up some parts but not till i know what i need....might take a while.
jeff

mangus580

Interesting, I sheared them off on mine too... granted, I was running it from a spray can of silicone spray, trying to start it....

TacticalTruck

So you repaired it? Mine started w/o the use of any starting aids except i had to hold the solinoid and play with the thorttle because it would not idle. It stalled a couple times and the last time it stalled it sounded like something kept spinning/rattling. I went to start it again and realized the flywheel sheared.
Jeff

mangus580

no, I have not yet. I didnt have a normal fuel source hooked up at the time, and was actually running with it. I dont have the complete genset, just the engine.

ken

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I have the battey #'s at home i'll get it for you. It's a 24V gel sealed batt. It runs $300 new. They used them in airplanes also. I was able to find them at a airplane parts house. But it was too expensive for me. I just use two lawnmower batteries to get 24v.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks