• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-017a Dead - Loud Crack When Starting

warteetee

This is for the MEP002a and not the 017 gas that I listed - got my units mixed up.

I went to fire up my 5kw unit today to get the fluids moving and primed the unit as normal and then when I was in the pre-heat mode, I head a large firecracker like crack and everything went dead. Norhting on the panel works at all.

Since there are no fuses, I have no idea where to start to figure out what blew - any thoughts what might have been the item that failed so that is a easy place to start? Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited:

PeterD

FWIW, I have had glow plugs blow like this in 6.5 engines. In that case, it blew the terminal completely off the glow plug body.

warteetee

Carl - you are correct. I listed this wrong. The gas MEP017a is in the barn and not the issue. The issue is the MEP002 whic h is the diesel with the pre-heat.

**** - you are good.

I hooked the batteries back up and now I get the lights on the panel (before just all dead) and K2 behind the panel just buzzes when I go to pre-heat and then to start before it just clicks. Appears K2 is dead - Saturn the best place to find a replacment?

Thanks

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks