• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-017a Dead - Loud Crack When Starting

warteetee

This is for the MEP002a and not the 017 gas that I listed - got my units mixed up.

I went to fire up my 5kw unit today to get the fluids moving and primed the unit as normal and then when I was in the pre-heat mode, I head a large firecracker like crack and everything went dead. Norhting on the panel works at all.

Since there are no fuses, I have no idea where to start to figure out what blew - any thoughts what might have been the item that failed so that is a easy place to start? Any other thoughts?

Thanks

Last edited:

PeterD

FWIW, I have had glow plugs blow like this in 6.5 engines. In that case, it blew the terminal completely off the glow plug body.

warteetee

Carl - you are correct. I listed this wrong. The gas MEP017a is in the barn and not the issue. The issue is the MEP002 whic h is the diesel with the pre-heat.

**** - you are good.

I hooked the batteries back up and now I get the lights on the panel (before just all dead) and K2 behind the panel just buzzes when I go to pre-heat and then to start before it just clicks. Appears K2 is dead - Saturn the best place to find a replacment?

Thanks