• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-017A diode problem need help

kd7ura

Mep-017A has voltage problems found a thread on google leading to this site.

as for my question can any one identify the Zener silicon diodes listed as CR 9 and 10 in the TM 5-6115-332-34
on page 3-5.
part number is listed at same page but nothing on net to reference it .
CR 1,2,3,4 are replacable with NTE116 1N4001 / 1N4004 Si Diode, 600V 1A - NTE116
CR 5,6,7,8 are replacable with NTE5802 200 Volt 3A Rectifier DO27 - NTE5802
i got the numbers of the actual part, but cr9,10 are not readable
an idea of the amps and volts would help

i would really appreciat any thing close

thanks

jbk

i replaced the diodes in my 017 some years ago. i cant help you with the original parts but i found the ones i put in mine. they were crossed at the time. hope it helps

sylvania
ecg 5860 6 amp rectifier
ifm surge 150a
prv 500 volts thread end is k
aa

sylvania
ecg 5858 6 amp rectifier
ifm surge 150a
prv 400 volts
thread end is k
au 4h

Triple Jim

In the TM you referenced, isn't the regulator schematic shown on the 2nd to last page? In that schematic, all the generic component part numbers are shown.

Guyfang

Staff member
I have tried to explain to you, that there is several different devices with the CR9 name. CR9 simply means it's the ninth diode in that device. That's why the schematics have some more numbers/letters before the cr9, so you know what's what. Also asked what an engine controller is.
In the original post, the guy is talking about a voltage regulater. A VR is not an engine controller. So the parts are not the same. What ever you are calling an engine controller, has a number next to it. What is it. If we know what device, we can nail down what diode.

The original post is also about a completely different generator set.

Last edited: