• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-017A Starting Problems

boone6978

After tinkering with two of these gen sets we got for free. One genset has a K3 relay that is bad. These things are hard to find. Has anybody rewired to still have the starter work on this Gen Set? Any diagrams or feedback would be much appreciated. Thanks. Dan

jbk

did you try saturn surplus? i might have a few used. k3 is shutdown, k1 run, k4 start. k2 start by pass. the relays are all the same and are also used in 002 and 003 control panels. ive also seen them for sale on ebay. good luck

boone6978

We've been ordering parts from Saturn. I don't think they have any. I found another thread that the guy was having the same problem as us. The starter won't shut off. We are going to try and replace the diode behind the panel. The diode looked pretty cruddy. Thanks for the help.

boone6978

The diode replacement seemed to have done it. It is acting much better. New problem, we ordered a new magneto for another generator same model. It is slick aircraft model 2220. Does anyone have a diagram or drawing for the wiring on it? We are having trouble figuring out where to attach the wire from the old magneto that was on top. Thanks Dan.

boone6978

To my amazement we actually figured it out. Behind the panel, what size fuses are suppose to be in there? We had an assortment back there. 15 amp?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks