• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-018 Whats it worth?

ps56rpd

Hello,

I have a MEP-018 gasoline powered 10kw generator that is skid mounted. The generator cranks and runs well and makes power. It was overhauled in 1976, and is showing 240 hours +-.

What is unit worth?

Thanks,
Pete

Isaac-1

Putting a price on an old generator is hard at the best of times, a generator that you could not give away one day may be worth its weight in gold (well maybe copper) during a major disaster. Having said that it seems most of the time when someone mentions a MEP-018 online it is followed with talk of a burned out stator or rotor, I don't know why, but it seems this was the weak part of the design, or maybe it has to do with the insulation they used ageing. On top of that the MEP-018a is real fuel hog, which did not matter that much back in the 1960's when it was designed, but with $4+ gasoline it can certainly make a difference today. I know this is of little help, but if it were me I would only take one if it were free, or nearly so.

Ike

ETN550

Hello,

I have a MEP-018 gasoline powered 10kw generator that is skid mounted. The generator cranks and runs well and makes power. It was overhauled in 1976, and is showing 240 hours +-.

What is unit worth?

Thanks,
Pete
Probably anywhere from $250 to $500+. Some that look like new with no rust or dents clean rubber parts and a non faded control panel can go much higher. They are a piece of military history some people like to collect. They are okay for a short run at a high load, otherwise fuel is an issue as stated. Good clean ones are getting harder to find.

ryan77

Not to hijack the thred but what does a mep017a with 18 hrs on it in great shape go for aprox???

jbk

i sold my 018 less than 200 hrs. last year for $1,300.00 it was in top shape.
i think prices are regional though. still have my 017(top condition) asked $450.00 last year lots of calls no takers. decided to keep it was worth more to me. before ethonal fuel arrived these gen. commanded more $. i use non ethonal in all my gas equipment as i can still get it.