• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-018A

GASCANS001

Hey guys and gals!
Haven’t posted in a while just picked up a mep-018a at auction seams to have some hours on it but it’s extremely clean and not even sun faded.
I paid $360 for it. I assume I did good but not sure. I’ve read some threads but they seam to be older and more on the technical side of this wonderful forum. I’m looking at general operation and functionality of this genset. I own a tactical quiet set (mep802a with 100 hours not reset) and find myself pretty familiar with them but this one is totally different then those.

Can anyone give me a brief description on how to get power distributed and what the different voltage selections mean.

Attachments

Reactions: HDN

Guyfang

Staff member
Here are all the TM's. Its best you read the Operators TM. This is a very simple gen set to work on, but is fairly old. From the pictures, it looks in good shape. Hasn't been sitting outside for 40-50 years. You can start it without batteries, but it might wear out your arm. The carb might need to be soaked in carb cleaning fluid for a few days if no one ran the engine dry on fuel the last time it ran. Read the book and then get some batteries in it. Start a thread, as you might have to solve some problems on a set this old.

Reactions: HDN