• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-026 brass float

patdufo

I have 2 of the brass floats for a
MEP-026
I bought them when I still had the machine but sold the machine,anhow 30.00 each plus shipping,I had to buy the whole carbs to get these,harder to find than hens teeth,thanks

frank8003

In Memorial
In Memorial
" I had to buy the whole carbs to get these, harder to find than hens teeth""

Hen's teeth are very expensive.
"as scarce as hen's teeth" I have heard very many times, ........

-There isn't much information on the roots of this phrase, but scholars have been able to dig up a few tidbits. Meaning 'very rare,' this phrase is thought to be an Americanism dating back to the colonial period (c. early 1600s.) While researchers believe it has been in use since then, its first recording doesn't appear until 1862. The imagery behind this phrase relates to something we probably don't think about too often: birds don't have teeth. There are some birds with serrated beaks leftover from their prehistoric ancestors, but none have teeth like mammals or some reptiles. If something is as scarce as hen's teeth, with a hen being a female bird, this object must be very rare indeed.

Last edited:

justacitizen

" I had to buy the whole carbs to get these, harder to find than hens teeth""

Hen's teeth are very expensive.
"as scarce as hen's teeth" I have heard very many times, ........

-There isn't much information on the roots of this phrase, but scholars have been able to dig up a few tidbits. Meaning 'very rare,' this phrase is thought to be an Americanism dating back to the colonial period (c. early 1600s.) While researchers believe it has been in use since then, its first recording doesn't appear until 1862. The imagery behind this phrase relates to something we probably don't think about too often: birds don't have teeth. There are some birds with serrated beaks leftover from their prehistoric ancestors, but none have teeth like mammals or some reptiles. If something is as scarce as hen's teeth, with a hen being a female bird, this object must be very rare indeed.

my favorite quote is. "as useful as tits on a boar hog".

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks