• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep-1040 governor fault.

Guyfang

Staff member
2910-01-595-5200
Below is the three part #'s for the above NSN. To the right is the cage code. 30554 is MEP. I would guess that MEP did a deal straight with the manufacturer, ( PGcontrols ?)
The second two part numbers are from Cummins. Two part numbers could mean that they had to get an updated part from the original parts manufacturer, OR, they went to another firm to get the part. But two part numbers are shielding, if anyone wants to shield, its cummins.

04-21855 30554
A041H076 44940
A048A370 44940

Evvy Fesler

Steel Soldiers Supporter
cage code “5DR61” of “PRECISION GOVERNORS LLC

google is a good friend!
Yes, that’s why I was getting confused. If you browse back a bunch you’ll see where I looked up 5DR61 and confirmed that the mfg name printed on the part both matched the CAGE listing and is still in business. Indeed, they have a website on which there are numerous governors/actuators. I suggested contacting them. Then others chimed in with additional approaches, all of which were good.

When LITD came along with a different set of numbers and called it a vendor shielding code, I wondered what it meant. Now I’m totally confused!!

Guyfang

Staff member
My Father was a Logi. Logistischen. He told me once, that a major U.S. aircraft manufacturer once offered to diesigen and produce the finest fighter plane in the world, for the U.S. Gov. And produce several hundred planes, for free.

BUT, they were to be the sole supplier of parts. The big Money is not in supplying the aircraft. Its in supply and logistics. Cummins did not want everyone to be able to look at the parts TM and then go to the original manufacturer. They bought the parts, rebranded them, like LITD wrote, and add a sizable mark up to the cost of the part.

Mkestamper

The thing to remember is that manufacturer is not always vendor.
Update on the mep-1040. Ordered part from PG Engineered Control Solutions. Installed new governor today, and all os well. The folks at PG were very helpful, and went the extra mile to make sure I was getting the right one. Part was pricey! Part is of original quality and not oozing chineasium.
what I have learned? Governors can fail without warning. Is not a difficult task to diagnose and swap part. Part resources are a challenge , and expensive. As more people purchase ammps, maybe more descent aftermarket parts will be more available and affordable. I will definitely keep looking for another source for a cheaper solution. I plan on keeping a spare. I really do appreciate all of you folks helping and supporting me figure this thing out. If I do find a cheaper source, I will post.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks