• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 112 at Chambersburg

Hello all SS members how are you. I am looking at the MEP 112'S going off at Chambersburg PA and was wondering if anybody has gone up to look at them.
I have an 003 with a dead engine and was thinking that the 112's would be a good replacement.Not much use for a 400 hz generator that I am aware of but it looks like the same power unit. plus,I might be able to use a few other parts anyway.
I would like to get this 003 back up and running so this maybe an oppertunity to get an engine. I see there are some 4 cylinder onan's on ebay but they are up in Michigan. I spoke to William at Delks too. By the way,he's a great person to talk too,very knowlagable and willing to talk you through a problem if you are troubleshooting something. Problem fo me is he's down in the Carolina's and I'm up here in Jersey. Chambersburg is alot closer for me to drive to.
Anybody have any thoughts on this let me know.I would be intrested in hearing what people know. Thanks and good day to all,metalworker393

Speddmon

Blind squirrel rehabiltator
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
metalworker,

If you can get a good deal on an MEP-112 you can most definitely use the power plant to get your MEP-003 running again. Is was done just over a year ago by none other than Kipman, Gimpyrobb, Oilcan and myself. Here is a link to the thread...Mid Ohio January Generator Rally!! (or 400 Hz to 60 Hz conversion).

On a side note, I happen to know where you can get an 003a engine that's not terribly far from you just across the line in Ohio, send a PM if interested.

Good luck with your endeavor to get the non functional MEP-003a functional once more.

Last edited:
AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks