• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-16D, Fuel pump testing.

loadmaster

I am trying to get my auxiliary fuel system working on my generator. I have hooked it up to 24VDC and the pump worked for about two seconds and then quit. I ran it after the test and the pump would not work. I applied 24VDC power again after I ran it, and the pump will not work at all now. I have replaced the relay in the float switch but still not working. The float switch is receiving power at 28VDC and I am wondering if other components need to be replaced, pump, heat sink, ect. I am not even sure what the other components do and I am wondering if I can bypass them or if anyone knows where to get replacements. If you do, part numbers would be greatly appreciated. This generator will run about two hours off of the gravity tank but I would love to be able to use the belly tank. Also I have been trying to disconnect the fuel pump to bench test the whole system but I think I am going to have to cut the positive wire to test it, unless you guy have any tricks. Any suggestions you might have to help me get this thing back to fully fictional would be really appreciated.

1800 Diesel

Have you disassembled the pump & done a good internal cleaning? Also have you looked into the RF capacitor? I've seen several threads that go into detail for the cleaning aspect of these pumps as well as problems with not running being caused by a bad RF capacitor. The capacitor can be removed from the circuit & the pump will run fine. Replace a defective capacitor (vice remove), if you need the generator to run near radio equipment.

Search on the SS site & you'll likely find some good answers & info relevant to your problem.

Kevin

truck1

I had the same problem with the fuel pump on my 016D. As stated above, remove the capacitor first- not needed, then on the bench disassemble the pump and carefully clean lube and reassemble. This should solve your problem. In my case my float switch was defective so I bypassed it to a spring loaded toggle switch to manually transfer fuel from the belly tank to the top tank.