• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-16D Oil Change

ub3rn00ber

I am wanting to finally maintenance my MEP-16D with a Yamar D70. I am planning on oil, filter, diesel change. It currently starts with 1 pull and has 12 hours. I know that the manual says do an oil change at 25 hours then 100 but since it has been sitting for who knows how long I figure it isn't a bad idea. I cant find a spec on the oil, I found on some sailing forms for yamar engines people are just using standard 15w40 oil, is that what is recommended for the D70? I also saw in the manual that it calls for 1.1 of oil with a reference of gallons. 1.1 gallons seems like a lot for that small engine, is that correct?

When changing the diesel should I just syphon the tank, put fresh diesel in with additives and run it for a bit, or is there a better way?

I realize some of this info is covered in other threads but I found some conflicting info and wanted to make sure I am 100% correct in what im doing.

Thanks!

Gunzy

The 15W40 is what you want in a diesel. It will take 1.1 quarts. I don't think there is an oil filter but there is an air filter which is probably fine at 12 hours.

Scar59

Steel Soldiers Supporter
No oil filter but there is an oil screen. Lower left on the fuel pump side. Black cap with a retaining bolt. Pull the screen when you drain the oil. Spray it clean and reinstall.

Guyfang

Staff member
And you know that to check the oil, don't screw in the oil dipstick. just insert it, pull it out and that's all you need to do. Often, people screw in the dipstick and then get the wrong reading.

TM's are located in the TM section.

Its a good engine. Easy to take care of.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks