• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

Mep 3 help

TURKEY131

I am new to the generators and need some Help. I have read through the TMs and cant seem to find anything. Mine was missing the starter so I installed a new one. There are three wires two with connectors on them, one was cut. Do I need the third wire and if I do where does it go? Second is the fuel tank. there seem to be a line missing. I have looked all over the machine and can not find where it would go. I have enclosed two pictures to illustrate what I am talking about. Any help would be greatly appreciated. :-D

Attachments

AceHigh

One large gauge wire goes to the negative post on the starter, the other large gauge wire goes to the solinoid on the same post as the positive cable.. The smaller gauge wire goes to the other post on the solenoid.

On mine the missing fuel line goes to the fuel pump just above the NATO plug. The fuel line plumbing is kind of complex.

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
I suspect that the missing fuel line is to the pump for the aux fuel source. It goes to the day tank, just keeping it full. The Set always runs off the day tank. The Aux Fuel setting, just keeps the day tank full, using a float system. Thus giving the operator a chance to change fuel sources, wether it be 5 gallon jerry cans, or 55 gallon drums. There is/should be, a special 2"NPT cap, w/two sections piping & hose, for the Aux. system. The special cap is stored in a hole in the frame, behind the left side of the control panel. The rest in the tool/storage box.

doghead

4 Star General /Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
Steel Soldiers Supporter
The aux fuel line connection is at the pump.(not at the tank).

There should be a schematic on the top of the control panel. (for the wiring)

rosco

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Maybe I didn't say it exactly right. Doesn't the outlet of the Aux pump, connect to the tank? Its inlet, going to the Aux fuel source?

Harleyd315

Looking at the picture of the fuel tank, the line missing on yours would go to the inlet side of the first electric pump. Its the main feed line and the fitting has a pick up tube on it. The other two tank fittings are return from the injection pump and the aux fuel supply line, and are just that fittings, as fuel enters the tank from them. The electric wires are the positive, ground and the exciter wire for the starter solenoid. I have never checked but I would assume you could indentify the ground with an ohm meter to the frame. the other would be the DC hot wire that goes to the control box. The smaller wire goes on the starter solenoid exciter post.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks