• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-531 injection pump?

bmwsyc

I was using the 531 last weekend and it had a few issues. I build the remote fuel setup as described in the manual and was running off of a 5 gallon fuel can when the clear fuel line between the fuel filter and the injection pump split open. It wasn't a big tear, maybe 1/8th inch long, but enough to dump all the 4-1/2 gallons of diesel into the grass around the generator. The generator quit on its own as we were not near the unit.

I found the the leak right away and fastened a quick and dirty repair out in the woods. I tried to restart the unit and it wasn't happy. The spark arrester was spewing sooty exhaust and the engine was running erratically. It started blowing whitish exhaust and I shut the unit down. I was also having voltage output issues, which have been intermittent since I've owned the unit, so I had stopped and started the unit several times before the white smoke appeared.

After shutting the unit down, I checked the oil and an overflowing mixture of oil and diesel came out of the fill hole.

Do do you think a seal has gone in the injection pump? I have pulled the pump and have it mostly apart. I could replace the whole thing, but then I would have to deal with shims and or buttons? It would be nice to just replace a seal and not mess with shims.

What do y'all think?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks