• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-531a tank bushing

Falstaff

My tank is leaking real bad around fuel shutoff valve, is that part available anywhere? I found the one for the fuel line feed on ebay, but I cant find the one for the valve. (it looks bigger)

Dieselmeister

Steel Soldiers Supporter
Are you referring to the drain bushing on the tank? My fuel shutoff is on the fuel filter. The drain bushing is a "well nut" type bushing. I replaced those with a brass bulkhead fitting with a viton "O" ring and pipe plug. (Same size as used on my Mep-802A - https://www.tank-depot.com/productdetails.aspx?part=A-10897 ). The red viton fuel outlet bushing is available on E-pay or Amazon.

Mep-531A fuel tank.JPG

Falstaff

Are you referring to the drain bushing on the tank? My fuel shutoff is on the fuel filter. The drain bushing is a "well nut" type bushing. I replaced those with a brass bulkhead fitting with a viton "O" ring and pipe plug. (Same size as used on my Mep-802A - https://www.tank-depot.com/productdetails.aspx?part=A-10897 ). The red viton fuel outlet bushing is available on E-pay or Amazon.

View attachment 791009
yes, I wasnt clear I'm referring to the fuel drain bushing that has the needle valve inside it.

Falstaff

Got an NSN from the TM?
On page 0029-3 of your linked pdf the part is #15. Don't see an NSN number but maybe its in towards the end. In the maint section it said that you need to torque this thing down and then install the drain cock. Mine just spins, is there a technique to reach inside the tank and hold the other side somehow?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks