• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-701A Fuel Cutoff Shutoff

madcroc1

I have a 300 hrs MEP701A and have had problems with the fuel cutoff solenoid. It seems to de-energise intermittently. I check the AUX float in the tank and that is not it. I further checked the pins on the fuel tanks and also that didnt seems to uncover the problem. Does anyone know what other faults may signal the fuel cutoff to de-activate ?

ETN550

Not the aux float (on top) but the low fuel float on the bottom.
The connectors on the plug at the solenoid - common issue and standard female spade ends will fit.
The relay on the control board - not likely
The solenoid itself
A ground malfunction
The master switch - not likely

Using the metal diagram under the lid on the box the low float wires can be traced back to the control board terminal and the terminal strip on the bottom in the box. a jumper can be made to bypass the low float. Float assemblies are hard to find. I'm working on making parts for them but been busy. Easy to bypass, just watch the fuel level.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks