• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-701a no start

jamawieb

Ok guys, started working on several MEP-701a's with the Onan 1 cylinder. I have a couple up and going but I've got one with an interesting problem. I finally got it to run with the fuel lever in the off position. When the shut off solenoid is activated, it pulls back and the fuel lever pulls back and no start but if I push the fuel lever to the "off" position, the unit will start and run.
When I initially started working on it, it had old fuel and the plunger was stuck in the injector pump. With the injector pump still in the motor, I took the top section off to gain access to the plunger and I used a punch to break the plunger loose and drive it down. Then I bumped the motor over so the plunger would move back up so I could see if it was fully free. I did this 3 more times till it freed. But the one thing I did notice, the plunger has a notch in it and when I first looked into the pump, the notch was at the 6 o'clock position, after I got the plunger free, the notch was at the 12 o'clock position. Is the plunger supposed to rotate and could this be the problem?

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks