• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802/803 Filters and Parts

Bmxenbrett

Thats more of a hydraulic style hose so you wont beable to compress it with your fingers. If you bend it and it crunches and makes odd noises i would replace it. Replace it with hydraulic hose. I believe it has -4jic fittings.

eatont9999

I'm having a hard time finding a replacement radiator for one of my 803A units - at least one that does not cost twice what I paid for the whole unit. Any recommendations out there?

Guyfang

Staff member
All these companies make and supplied radiators to the army for the -803A. Give them a call and see if someone cant sell you one a bit cheaper. Org cost was $196.00

DIESEL RADIATOR CO. 1990 JANICE AVE MELROSE PARKIL60160-1008
JOHN BOYD ENTERPRISES INCDBA J B ENTERPRISESDIV JB RADIATOR SPECIALTIES, INC8401 SPECIALTY CIR SACRAMENTOCA95828-2523
MODINE MANUFACTURING COMPANY INC 1500 DEKOVEN AVE RACINEWI53403-2552
MODINE MFG CO 1500 DEKOVEN AVE RACINEWI53401
POROBOND PRODUCTS, LLC 80 SANFORD ST HAMDENCT

eatont9999

Is your current radiator not repairable?
One of the tubes in the core was punctured and leaking. I tried to flow some solder in it to fill the hole but it would not take the solder. I pinched the tube on both ends of the leak with a pair of duckbill pliers but I am not confident it will hold under pressure. Not to mention the other questionable corrosion spots on the core. Not sure if the core is as difficult to find as the whole rad is.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
See if a radiator shop can give you an estimate to repair. They can evaluate any of the other areas and let you know if its worth working on. That may be a reasonable choice cost wise. They may be able to find a core. Certainly possible.

What kind of flux were you using on that? You need a good acid flux and you may need to flux it a few times before hitting it with the solder.

Sorry if I'm explaining something you already know.

eatont9999

See if a radiator shop can give you an estimate to repair. They can evaluate any of the other areas and let you know if its worth working on. That may be a reasonable choice cost wise. They may be able to find a core. Certainly possible.

What kind of flux were you using on that? You need a good acid flux and you may need to flux it a few times before hitting it with the solder.

Sorry if I'm explaining something you already know.

It was the same kind I use for sweating copper pipe. Not sure if it says acid on it. The can is probably 40+ years old and most of the writing is faded. It's a dark brown almost black color flux.

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
That should be the right kind. If its really dark it could be oxidized. Its normally a tan color similar to caramel.

eatont9999

That should be the right kind. If its really dark it could be oxidized. Its normally a tan color similar to caramel.
Yeah, that's the color when applied to a surface. In the can it looks darker. I'll have to look around for a radiator shop local to me. I don't feel right selling one of these units with a hack-job radiator in it. Certainly not for the price one of these goes for after it has been gone through.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,

The Military MEP generator reset information manual has lots of good information in it.

You can also decipher a lot of the parts NSN numbers from it if needed. It also covers the Quad winding fuse updates which all should have applied.

The last few pages list any and all manual numbers for all generator sets.

Daybreak

2 Star Admiral
Steel Soldiers Supporter
Howdy,
Things to have on hand for emergencies

oil
oil filter
fuel water filter
fuel cartridge
fuel return line hose
fuel
checked your unit for function

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks