• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 802 A Noisy fuel pump / stopping

Coley

I have an 802A installed at my girlfriends off grid place and has been running fine till today.

It shut down and I went to look at it. It is plumbed to a 500 gal tank with a auto/remote start installed. I noticed that the fuel pump located on the back wall left side is very noisy. It usually makes a racket for a few seconds then quiets down, but now its really loud and does not quiet down. When the generator is started it takes longer to start and runs for 5 seconds or so and shuts off. Seems to be a fuel problem. Could the cause be filters dirty and starving the pump, or a bad pump, or something else.

Thanks.

CF

DieselAddict

Steel Soldiers Supporter
How do you have the external tank plumbed in? Is it connected to the AUX fuel input?

Have you popped the lid to make sure there is fuel in the onboard tank?

If there is fuel in the onboard tank I would recommend disconnecting the fuel pump outlet and see if the pump is working. You could have a clog in the fuel pickup line. That has been reported by a number of people.

Coley

How do you have the external tank plumbed in? Is it connected to the AUX fuel input?

Have you popped the lid to make sure there is fuel in the onboard tank?

If there is fuel in the onboard tank I would recommend disconnecting the fuel pump outlet and see if the pump is working. You could have a clog in the fuel pickup line. That has been reported by a number of people.

Yes, while you replies I was looking into that. The fuel is plumbed in the aux fuel fitting, and the tank is dry. I am guessing it is a transfer pump issue or a float issue. Threw me off because I was not getting a fuel light.

CF

Guyfang

Staff member
The Aux system is not related in any way to the low fuel light system. The aux pump fills the fuel tank up and shuts off when the fuel float tell it to. So start at the source. What comes out of the Aux fuel pump? Nothing? Often, when the Aux fuel pump runs too fast, or is very loud, the membrane in the pump is bad. Its a pluck and chuck item. No repair possible. Also do not forget to check/replace the small filter screwed into the Aux pump, if you suspect that the fuel supply may not be real clean. It could also be plugged up. If the weather is real cold, below freezing, often water gets trapped in the filter/aux pump and can stop transferring fuel.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks