• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP 802 and MEP 803 Quad Fuse Modification Information

reset2

I have had a MEP 802 for a few years now but haven't had to use it since the local (Potomac Edison) power company has improved the maintenance in my area. Its good that the electric has been on and have not had to use the gen much but that is OK with me. One thing that my son found out about with these generators is the Quad fuse modify for the 802/3. I installed the fuse but never exactly knew why or what went wrong. This morning I got looking at the military's PM magazine looking for an answer (I'm sure Guyfang already wrote about it) of what causes the rotor failure. There was an answer in simple format with how to do the modification.
Go to page 30 and it explains it all. I would post a screen shot but not sure if I'm allowed. If a moderator knows post it or let me know and I will post it just don't want to break the rules.
There is also an article on grounding the gensets just before this article.