• Steel Soldiers now has a few new forums, read more about it at: New Munitions Forums!

• Microsoft MSN, Live, Hotmail, Outlook email users may not be receiving emails. We are working to resolve this issue. Please add support@steelsoldiers.com to your trusted contacts.

MEP-802 Battery Hold down

CDR

So I bought two 51R series batteries for my MEP802 and for the life of me I cant figure a way to secure them down. I heard the factory way was J-hooks yet I see no holes or evidence of them ever being there. Could some one please provide me with a picture of how your batteries are secured down from the factory. I did see the one post about using spray in foam and I'm not really looking to go that route. Thanks for all the help

jbayer

Last edited:

jbayer

Glad that helped you.
By the way, I don't have an MEP-802, or know anything about them. I just like to practice my SS and TM searching.
I can always seem to easily find what other people are looking for, but I struggle finding what I'm looking for.

Last edited:

Guyfang

Staff member
The batteries set in a Plastic "boot". The hold down bar, fits on the inside of the battery, on the edge. When you tighten down the nuts on the "J" bolts, do not over tighten them, as the whole battery and boot will "kant", or maybe better said, tilt toward the outside of the set. Then they flop all about. Not nice. You are suposed to be able to regulate the pressure on the battery edge with the bottom self locking nut. It's a matter of feel and doing a couple of times. But once its right, its like glued in there. Rock steady.

AdBlock Detected

We get it, advertisements are annoying!

Sure, ad-blocking software does a great job at blocking ads, but it also blocks useful features of our website like our supporting vendors. Their ads help keep Steel Soldiers going. Please consider disabling your ad blockers for the site. Thanks!

I've Disabled AdBlock
No Thanks